Thursday, March 7, 2013

Random Thought 2...... pursuing perfection

After a couple days of creating on the computer instead of the canvas I have given some thought to the idea of  "perfection."   Salvador Dali said:  "Have no fear of perfection, you will never reach it!"  but then Oscar Wilde thinks: "It is through art, and through art only, that we can realize our perfection."  o.k, but I kind of like Michelangelo's quote:  "The true work of art is but a shadow of divine perfection"...  and alas, I think some truth lies in this comment by Gustave Flaubert:  "Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything."  What do I think?  Well.......My conviction is that pursuing perfection is my noble goal but the ability to really  #%$*  things up in the pursuit of it seems to be my gift...........

1 comment: